From Low Self Worth To Careers From The Kitchen Table – Anything is Possible!

One thing I value in people is their extraordinary ability to rise above difficult circumstances and do greater things than they ever imagined.  We often play small and teach the next generations to do the very same things when we don’t know how valuable or worthy we really are.  Now before you click away thinking this is just another post about ‘positive thinking’, I’m asking you to keep reading.

Whether it’s fear, doubt, worry or any other negative kind of thinking….these thoughts will have a huge impact on our self worth and who we eventually become.

I recently interviewed CNN Radio’s Award Winning Talk Show Host, Raven Blair Davis, and that interview has got to be one of the most inspiring to me personally.   Of course that seems to fit the description of  almost everyone I interview lately, but this lady truly amazed me during this call.  It wasn’t because of her story of being in the hospital with her mother who was terribly ill, it wasn’t because of her incredible career choice and how she helps others to achieve their dreams.  Over a month ago Raven asked me to be in her new book for 2010 along with some of my greatest mentors in business, to which I agreed, but that wasn’t the reason either.  There was one very special reason I asked her for the interview.

Somewhere during our conversations she mentioned that she takes her 13-year-old grandson to work with her.  When I asked her why she stated that it was important to her that his sense of self worth remain strong, and for him to learn that he doesn’t have to go to a 9 to 5 job he doesn’t like if he doesn’t want to, and to teach him that he can build any life he wants to with what God’s given him if he can believe in it.   THIS was the reason I interviewed Raven.

Do you see how taking her grandson to work and sharing insights with him about self worth, tremendous faith and a belief that he can do whatever his hands and feet are given to do could change his entire future?

Now reading this may not have the same impact on you that the interview and book has had on me, but I’ll tell you that Raven’s spirit produces great fruit as you listen to her talk.  She delivers straight from the heart and these are the kind of people I want to continue to bring to this community for you.

Raven talked about how to get from point A to point B and how making money is just a side benefit to finding out your real joy and creating value from your kitchen table if that is all you have to work with.  I honestly couldn’t sleep after this interview was over.

I felt like I could climb any mountain…leap tall buildings in a single bound….any yes my poor husband began to wonder if I was planning to stay up all night to sew a red cape for myself I’m sure.

So let me just say…if you are someone looking for a new career then you have several options. You can choose to move forward, be inspired, seek joy, and maybe change the lives of other people in the world or, you can do as you’ve always done and get what you’ve always got without choosing a different path. Either way it is extremely important to be happy with your choice.  Why not just get the book now and see what happens!

If you would like to keep growing, check out the 5 free audios of others who will inspire you. These audios aren’t of Raven B. Davis but I believe you will enjoy listening to others who may have gone from low self worth to creating a career from their kitchen table too. Just look to the top right and log in. You’ll get the first one immediately for your free download.

Raven’s audio is available and so worth every penny–> HERE.

So I want to encourage you to continually ~ Be Inspired… Laugh, Love and Grow ~ and if you feel what is written is worth sharing I’d love for you to tweet it to your friends and/or comment and share below.  The more people you can encourage the more people you will touch in your own personal journey.

Make it an awesome day!

Connecting to community, and seeing transformations happen, can be profound particularly when its your own community. Kellie\'s simple truths brings people back to the basics of emotional connections with faith, hope and love. Invite her to speak at your next event today.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Kellie

A Devoted Wife, and Mother, Published Author, Inspirational Speaker, a Certified Trainer for Creating MasterMind Communities, and Founder of Connecting LLC. Kellie’s Ultimate Intention is to BE the Love She Wants to See in the World.
This entry was posted in Business Development, ENTREPRENEURS & FAMILY, LEADERSHIP, LIFE COACHING, MENTORS, Personal Development, POSTS and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to From Low Self Worth To Careers From The Kitchen Table – Anything is Possible!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Are you needing to start a new career? I completely understand it. Staying connected is vital to making money. #UTribe -- Topsy.com

2. Self-esteem is the critical linchpin that all your efforts rotate on. We took in our 15 year old niece a year and a half ago. She spends her LIFE in front of the mirror, clicking poses for her FB, and making movies of herself. She tells us all the time how she loves herself, and nobody can keep up with her, etc. I guarantee you… she has lower self-esteem than any kid in her crowd. But she really covers it well. We’ve learned to ignore her talk and steer her into activities that really do give her stimulation and self-worth. She eats it up!

So I’d tell parents to beware of the overly extroverted and confident kid. They’re easy to overlook because they seem like they’re all on it. But it’s often a way to hide so they will be overlooked… and left alone to stagnate in their delusions.

PS: thanks so much for the great inspirational interviews, Kellie.

Some of us need a wake up call, some of need a stay awake call. Either way, this is really valuable to keeping us moving forward and upward.
    .-= David Merrill´s last blog ..Cash For Blogging: How To Monetize Your Blog & Social Media =-.

Kellie Reply:

Hello David…it’s so nice to see and hear from you again. You are a very special person who has tremendous insights in my opinion. You are right about so many things and for today, you have given some of the best advice in your comment. I love what you said about needing a wake up call or a stay awake call. I’d never heard that before and surely it’s the truth of what happens in life. Thank YOU for giving time to your niece. She may not know it yet but you have her back and that will be vital to her one day. *BIG HUGS*

3. Walter says:

You are lucky Kelly to have interviewed a person who is oozing with inspiration and positivity. Indeed, we have the choice of what we want do with our lives, the only problem is our limited understanding. The more we become aware of our capacity to do anything we put our minds into, the more we discover our true worth. :-)

[Reply]

4. This is awesome Kellie. Self esteem needs to be cultivated in our children.Mine are grown now so I look forward to grandchildren so I can help them too.I have shared this great post.
    Beverly
    .-= Beverly Monical´s last blog ..6 Weeks To Better Looking Arms =-.

5. Val Wilcox says:

Kellie,
    What an awesome experience to interview Raven and become inspired by her words. The ability to move people to action through encouraging words is empowering.

I love how you are inspiring people to step up and out of their comfort zones to create a spectacular life! Tell your husband you don’t need the red cape, you already wear one!!!
    Thanks so much for starting my day on a super high note,
    Val
    .-= Val Wilcox´s last blog ..A Journey into Self- Discovery =-.

Kellie Reply:

Ha! Wearing a cape isn’t my desire but thank you for the kind words. I simply want people to know they can create any life they want if faith is a large part of it. I firmly believe that if you feed faith, then doubt, worry and fear will starve. Holding on to limiting belief systems creates chaos, and yet we do it all the time. None of us have all the answers but we can share a host of wisdom that resonates with others who want to move forward in love. I want to connect with all those who will do that. You my friend, are definitely one of them. Thank you. *HUGS*

6. Linda G Cox says:

I’m so glad you shared this inspiration! We can’t get too much! I loved reading the excitement you felt while being in Raven’s presence!
    .-= Linda G Cox´s last blog ..Create a Wonderful Life: reprogram your minds =-.

7. Hi Kellie,

Raven sounds amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your impressions and thoughts of her here. I, too, admire what she is doing for her grandson. It will give him a great head start in life.

Did you get your cape finished? :)
    .-= Debbie Stevens´s last blog ..Why I Love What I Do =-.

8. Bill Hartman says:

Kellie,

What an awesome experience. The scripture say train up a child… I do believe that means even in their thinking process. “What the Mind Can Conceive The Mind Can Achieve”. You are also building special memories with your Grandson.

Bill

9. Angel Taylor says:

I completely agree that it is so important to instill a sense of worth in our children. One of the greatest things that my parents did with my and my brother is make sure we always knew that we could accomplish anything that we set our minds on. They made it clear, not only by what they said but by what they did.

I feel that I would not be anywhere near the person I am today if it hadn’t been for them constantly telling me I was strong. I’ve dealt with way more than my fair share of hurdles and letdowns but I always know that I’m strong enough to handle whatever life throws at me.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us. I enjoyed it and I look forward to coming back for more in the future.

~Angel
    .-= Angel Taylor´s last blog ..Cool Twitter Tip – How To Send Voicemail Using Twitter =-.

Kellie Reply:

What you are all saying is so valuable and I am tremendously blessed by all of your inspiring comments. Thank you for dropping in and enriching the post!

10. Eddie Espiritu says:

Kellie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Raven with us! Money really is just a by product of us doing what we enjoy and giving value to others along the way.

Very inspiring post!

Eddie
    .-= Eddie Espiritu´s last blog ..Ready, Fire, Aim! =-.

11. Bill Cowan says:

Hi Kellie,

First…I felt like I could climb any mountain…leap tall buildings in a single bound….any yes my poor husband began to wonder if I was planning to stay up all night to sew a red cape for myself I’m sure….Don’t play Superman like in one of my articles…:-) I tried it, it doesn’t work.

But more to the point, your are right. I’ve learned the “faith is being sure of what we hope for, evidence of things not seen”. I try to apply that in a lot of areas of my life. But I do have people around me that struggle with self esteem. It’s very challenging to impart words of help to them. Gentleness and steadiness are what I’ve found to help as well. Thanks for your post here as it brought to my mind lots of things.
    .-= Bill Cowan´s last blog ..Climbing Michi’s Ladder =-.

Kellie Reply:

Coach Bill you’ll have to share your superman story with me someday. :) The only sure way I’ve found to impart words of encouragement is to treat someone as the king or queen they really are and believe it for them until they believe it themselves. It works every time. Loved your message of faith. Thank you.

12. Andrew Gallagher says:

Hi Kellie,

You have given me some great motivation and ideas, especially about getting involved in interviewing people who have a great way of inspiring others. You cannot underestimate the values of these type of audios and you will have to continue to keep up such unequaled value in this niche.
    .-= Andrew Gallagher´s last blog ..Awareness Of The Simple And Successful Characteristics Of An Entrepreneur. =-.

13. karin says:

Hi Kellie, Great to see that your site is working ok again. I hope for you that the worst is behind you. I enjoyed reading your post. It is sound advice. Be happy with your choice and you can accomplish so much more.
    .-= Kellie’s Last Post =-.

14. Paul Klaszus says:

I think it was Edison who said, (correct me if I’m wrong) *ad lib
    – The greatest inheritance we can give our children is the passion to become whoever they would shine in being!

This blog post really inspired me further to instill the same in my children! Thanks, Kellie!

15. Justin Glover says:

Great post Kellie…

Raven sounds like an amazing individual.

Thanks for sharing this story… Great read!

Justin

Kellie Reply:

Raven is as amazing as you are Justin, just like we all are, only some recognize it and sadly most don’t. That’s why we need people like Raven to remind us. Thank you for stopping by!

[Reply]

16. Pingback: Has the Universe Ever Surprised You?

17. Hello Kellie,
    Sandy and I read this blog and agree that it conveys a most important message and does it clearly and with enthusiasm. We are both “seniors,” (closer to 80 than 70) and periodically we are asked, “if you had your life to live over again what would you change?” My own answer is that I hope that I would be more devoted to dreaming and living a life of commitment to the dream. I feel that the necessary foundation for both dreaming and sustained commitment is a healthy dose of self worth.

Al

Kellie Reply:

Hi Al…thank you kindly for sharing your thoughts. You are so right about self worth and I second your comments!

[Reply]

18. Kellie…you are full of great things to share…thanks so much! How we perceive ourselves, how we carry ourselves, how we think about ourselves creates an energetic atmosphere that is felt by everyone…most especially our children. We certainly can change our world and our influence by working on ourselves and seeking out those things that truly bring us life so we can in turn share our lives with others. Thanks again!

Kellie Reply:

Thank you Bruce! Drop by any time to add your important thoughts.

19. Teya says:

Hi Ya Kellie!
    Such a great message! Especially since we are usually told growing up that everyone should get a 9-5 work for a certain time of years and retire. Its so important to encourage kids that anything is possible, we learn so much from our role models. And low self esteem in adult hood can really keep us from doing many things, until we change the way we think and really believe in the possibilities. Thanks for this reminder!

20. Kellie,

This is an absolutely wonderful article, and as usual, you get right to the heart of the matter.

Every career changer, work reinventer, “emerging entrepreneur”, person with an idea, vision, or dream, and every parent needs to read this…and listen to Raven. When I met her in person I felt exactly as you described…ready to leap tall buildings in a single bound – she exudes warmth and energy and humor and compassion.

Thanks so much!

21. Hi There Kellie!

Kuddo’s to this inspiring blog! WOW… to inspire our youth and teach them what it truly takes to survive in the world and have them thinking outside the box at an early age, brings up very successful adults to concore their challenges that will try to gets in their way of making a big difference , not only for themselves but also for others!!! Brilliant Blog!

{{hugs}}
    Lyn-Dee Eldridge, CPC, CPMC, CLYT, CLYL

Kellie Reply:

My humble thanks Lyn-Dee. Please come again.

22. wendy MacKay says:

Hey Kellie,
    Isn’t it wonderful to be inspired by others that are optimistic, positive and give hope?
    Enthusiasm and excitement, belief in one’s self and inspiration combined with imagination are characteristics we should be sharing with our children for the future. We all do have everything we need right before us to accomplish all that we desire to bring happiness. This is the message that needs teaching in the educational system and by peers.
    Thank you for reminding us. Your message is compelling and will make many people stop and think as they read it, then go forth and spread the word further.
    Wendy

23. Joe Emmet says:

Awesome post Kellie!

Love what David said (as well as those of many of the other responders), and your response to him.

Fundamentals are the building block of any endeavor, from building a skyscraper to a child whose aspirations scrape the sky.

Love is the corner stone of all fundamentals required for creating self-esteem, that marvelous sense of “self-love” and “okay-ness” that enables us to grow into the greatness that lies within all of us.

My first time here, have to come back for more. Thanks!

Joe

24. stevehachey says:

You will gain all the riches of the world if you help enough people get what they want.
    It can’t be about the money, it has to be about the desire to help others.

Don’t get me wrong, money ranks right up there with oxygen…. smile

Thanks for sharing Kellie

Cheers
    Steve

Kellie Reply:

Ha….if oxygen came in the form of dollars I wonder how many of us would suffocate. Thank you for commenting Steve and please do come back as often as you’d like. :)

[Reply]

25. Raven sounds amazing, I am going to have to check out this interview. I wish someone would have shared some of these insights with me when I was 13. I had to learn the hard way :) Great stuff as always, thank you!

26. Michael Feil says:

Wow! Great post Kellie! I really like how you’re connecting with people of different niches and really digging deep to find out what makes them tick! You provide so much great information! Thanks!

Kellie Reply:

Mike your words are very kind. I’m looking forward to interviewing you as one of those ordinary people doing extraordinary things this week!

[Reply]

27. An Awesome post Kellie! Raven is a very interesting person. Thank you for taking the time to post this blog and I have to day “ditto” to David Merrill. He’s my husband and his words express exactly what my heart does.

Kellie Reply:

Hi Donna! It’s great to meet you finally! I’ve heard about you via Dave, whom I respect very much. If you read through the comments you’ll notice you are not alone in agreeing with your husband. He is a man of wisdom and I believe as spouses we reflect one another often, so it is an honor to meet you as well. Thank you for coming to my blog and sharing your thoughts, do come often!

28. Glyna Humm says:

Great post Kellie! Yes it is so important to be happy with yourself and your situation. If you aren’t you need to look around and change it:) Thanks for offering the free audios – I look forward to listening!

29. Beth Allen says:

What an inspiring story! I truly wish that every teenager could have a mentor that showed them what was possible if they dreamed big, worked and played hard, loved and laughed much and overall just BELIEVED. Raven sounds amazing ~ I will definitely be checking out your interview, and passing it along!

Thank you, Kellie!

[Reply]

30. I really appreciate this and the great comments as well. There are several memories
    I fall back on and am so grateful for. The type of moments that you realize a gift has
    been handed to you… For me I believe many times these gifts accepted in haste,
    have proven very special even when opened later in life.

Without the wonderfully shared wisdom and encouraging faith, even through some
    of the biggest mistakes, I may have simply lost and not gained the passion, patience
    and understanding I have for life today.

Keep on doing what you’re doing!

Kellie Reply:

Very well said my friend. Thank you for commenting.

[Reply]

31. What an inspriing post Kellie!
    It is amazing what can happen when someone truly believes in themself. I try to always remember that, for my daughters to become powerful women who realize their full potential, I must first believe in myself and lead by example. What Raven is doing with her grandson is so admirable.

Thank you for inspiring me today! :)

[Reply]

32. To day my son has two guests and we have just finish dinner. I’m sorry I haven’t heard the interview. but sitting and talking and listening to these young men and the faith they have to their own skills and what they want in life. It is just so simple. We think it’ll never happen that way, but just talking about there longing is a gift and i feel like learning from this way to think. Good blog you have i hope its ok i read it.

Kellie Reply:

Hi Steen! Great to have you here. Of course it’s okay for you to read my blog, you are just the person we want reading our blogs. I am so glad you have people to inspire you in your life like these young men. Sitting and talking about life skills and the possibilities of dreams coming true are endless. You CAN DO ANYTHING you want to in life no matter how old or how young you are. It is possible because anything is possible. Keep coming back for more inspiration Steen because we learn from you just as much as you learn from us!